Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fucking disgusting.



Watch at your own risk.

I am going to have to trust the descriptions given by others. If this video shows what they say it shows then I simply can't bring myself to watch something this disturbing. Here is what I understand happened.

A bulldog had barked at some children. Someone called the police (which is my mind is always an invitation to trouble—never invite violent, gang-members to help you, if you can help it). A woman tied the dog up, an indication that the dog was more bark than bite otherwise the woman would not have easily restrained the dog.

Members of the Men-in-Blue gang show up on the scene, always anxious to shoot someone or something, just to prove that they really do have big dicks and an IQ over 78. The gangmbember puts a leash on the dog, again no resistance by the dog. Then the gang members try to use a long, metal rod to hook the dog. Where the dog no doubt has seen ropes or leashes before the long metal rod upsets the dog, who is still safely restrained but barks.

The gang member stops trying to snare the dog, the dog stops barking and lies down peacefully. A second attempt to snare the dog succeeds. The dog struggles and than stands still, doing nothing aggressive. Then gang member Doug Howell, who thinks we should recognize him as an "officer", pulls his big gun out and shoots the dog in the chest. The dog falls to the ground and then the gang member pumps a bullet into the dogs head. No doubt he had an orgasm during the process.

I have zero respect for cops—none, not as cops. They are violent, they are dangerous, they are authoritarian. This is the job that schoolyards bullies grow up and salivate over. It appeals to people who like to push others around, who like to hurt others, to show off their pea brains by killing whenever they think they can get away with it.

My rule is treat a cop is like a cobra. Only highly trained individuals should handle them. Otherwise avoid them, never let one into your house, never invite them to come to your aid. Never go to the aid of a cop and do your best to avoid cooperating with them in any way. If I saw a police officer in a struggle I would turn and walk in a different direction. I would not summon help for him, I would not offer help to him. If I saw a police officer chasing someone, and I knew which direction the "suspect" ran I would have memory failure if the police officer asked me, unless I personally witnessed the suspect hurting another person.

I read too many news stories where these thugs are bullying people, killing dogs, lying in court, faking evidence and generally behaving like criminals. I am not interested in the few "good cops" since they are too few to worry about. It is the good cops who cover up for the bad cops. Other cops know when cops misbehave but they have each other's back. In that case, they don't have my support, unless I have incontrovertible evidence that the person they are engaged with is a worse human being than the cop, I will not cooperate. However, based on my experiences in life my assumption is that the cop is more likely to be scum than the person he is arresting. His "suspect" is quite likely guilty of a victimless crime or something minor, but cops regularly commit major crimes—that is they violate the rights of peaceful people regularly.

I don't come to my position lightly. I have three family members who are cops, who I hope are not typical cops. Just as some cobras might be cute and cuddly I will go with the odds. And the odds of violent, deceitful, thuggish cop is high enough that I take the view I do. I accept that even a majority of cops would not personally act in the manner I describe. But their compliance or consent is necessary for the minority to get away with such things.

The odds of getting involved with a bad cop is significant higher than the odds of a terrorist attack, winning the lottery, or being struck by lightening. I have run into more bad cops than I have had serious traffic accidents. But just as I wear seat belts and take precautions in case of an accident, I also take precautions when dealing with cops—which means I don't call for them if I can at all help it, I try to avoid them when I see them, I would not stop to assist one, help one or given them the time of day (I know people who did and regretted it). I would not give police information that would help them apprehend someone, as I consider the odds that they violating rights to be higher than the odds that they are protecting rights. And, if I know that the odds have shifted in one particular case, then I will shift my position to assist them. But assisting cops has to be justifed to me by clear evidence otherwise my attitude of total non-cooperation persists.

And, in my view, if this video is accurately described, then I hope this cop is ostracized by his community. He deserves to be put in the most violent, dangerous prison around, with the word "cop" tattoed on his forehead and a welcome sign stapled to his ass. I look at cops the way I look at violent criminals and rapists. I have no sympathy for them , for the same reasons. The differences are too minor to worry about.

Labels: